Bonus "Holiday" French Toast special.
You transact toasting imbue "Holiday" French Toast employing 9 ingredients moreover 7 including. Here is how you attain.
ingredients of "Holiday" French Toast
- add 3 tbsp. of oil.
- give 1 of large egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of eggnog.
- a little 1/2 tsp. of grated nutmeg.
- You need 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- also 1 of thick slice bread (Panettone).
- then 3 tbs. of crushed walnuts.
- give 2 oz. of breakfast syrup.
- give 2 slices of fresh orange for garnish.
"Holiday" French Toast little by little
- Heat a very large pan over medium heat. Add in the oil (or use leftover bacon grease)..
- Beat the egg in a large wide bowl. [If making more than one serving, add another egg].
- Mix in the eggnog and the spices and whisk this a few times..
- Slice a 1” thick piece of Panettone bread. If desired, you can slice this in half (from top to bottom) to make two slices of bread..
- Dip the bread into the egg batter, let it soak for 2-3 seconds, and then flip the bread over to coat the other side..
- Quickly add the coated slice of bread to the heated pan and fry for 2-3 minutes per side. Check for a nice even brown color before flipping it over. [Add oil if needed when doing side two].
- Plate the toast and top with crushed walnuts and syrup. Garnish with orange slices and enjoy..