Bonus Biko (Filipino Rice Cake) for cheap.
You produce boiling escallop Biko (Filipino Rice Cake) testing 6 process as a consequence 9 as a consequence. Here is how you take care of.
instructions of Biko (Filipino Rice Cake)
- add 2 cups of glutinous rice.
- then 4 cups of coconut milk (kakang gata/ 2 cans of coconut milk will do 400 ml each).
- give 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- This 6 drops of ube essence (optional).
- use 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
Biko (Filipino Rice Cake) singly
- Wash glutinous rice in a pot or rice cooker. Drain excess water. Add 2 cups of water. Cook glutinous rice like you would with regular white rice..
- On a pan, pour 2 cups of coconut milk and sugar. Set to medium heat and bring to a boil..
- Add 6 drops of ube essence to mixture (optional)..
- Add rice to the mixture. Constant mixing (folding motion) is necessary to prevent crusting at the bottom of the pan..
- Keep mixing till sticky enough that it looks like a dough..
- Put biko in a container and push with a spatula to even out surface..
- Cooking latik: In a separate pan, pour 1 can/2 cups of coconut milk. Bring to boil and set to high heat. Keep stirring until paste-like consistency is observed then add vegetable oil to aid in toasting the coconut milk..
- Once browned remove from heat, and drain and squeeze excess oil with a paper towel..
- Spread latik over biko. Serve and enjoy..