Direct Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan) online.
You accomplish boiling brown Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan) practicing 20 prescription as well as 8 steps. Here you go carry out.
prescription of Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan)
- You need 1 cup of dry raw green lentils.
- then 2 of medium sized tomatoes cubed.
- add 4-5 of shallots chopped coarsely.
- give 1 of large cucumber diced.
- This 1 of apple (I used red apples).
- Prepare of Few sprigs of mint.
- You need 2 tbsps of finely chopped mint.
- a little 2 of tsps freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- use of Few walnuts (as per your liking).
- give of Dry chia seeds for garnish.
- You need 2 of medium sized potatoes par boiled and unpeeled.
- then 3 cups of stock (any flavor).
- give 2 of tsps sweet paprika powder.
- then 2 of garlic cloves.
- This of Some olive oil.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- This of For the sauce.
- This 3 tbsps of good quality Balsamic vinegar.
- a little 1 tbsp of honey.
- use 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan) instructions
- Preheat the oven to 250°C.
- While the oven is being preheated, add lentils and stock of your choice on a casserole and cook it for at least 13 mins. Depending on your lentils, you would have to keep a watch. The goal is to cook the lentils al dente. Some lentils like whole moong might take as long as 20 mins until al dente..
- Meanwhile, in an oven tray, place your unpeeled parboiled potatoes. Sprinkle some salt and paprika. Add roughly crushed garlic, a dash of olive oil and give it a nice mix with your hands. Put the potatoes in the oven and let them bake for at least 15 mins..
- While the potatoes are getting baked, you can work on the other ingredients. Take the cubed apples and sprinkle some lemon juice on them and keep them aside in the fridge for at least 5 mins..
- Once the lentils are cooked, strain out the water and leave them out to cool. Once they are nicely cooked down and dried up, throw in all the chopped vegetables and apples. Give it a nice gentle toss and keep your salad bowl in the fridge..
- Take out the potatoes from the oven. Squish them lightly so that they break a little. Throw in a dash of balsamic vinegar and put them back for another 15 mins. You want to cook them until they become crunchy and golden..
- For the sauce, mix all the ingredients together and voila!.
- Once your potatoes are baked. It's time to start plating! Toss your salad in a bowl, garnish with chia seeds and nuts. Add the baked potatoes and some mint leaves. Sprinkle some sauce and you won't regret it!.