Benefit Crawfish Monica / or easy crawfish pasta online. Unlike Crawfish Etoufee, this rich creamy dish is so simple, with only a handful of ingredients, yet very flavorful. Some recipes get too complicated and the original Crawfish Monica recipe just didn't have all that stuff in it. Mardi Gras has arrived, and is almost over.
So with that in mind, we have decided to share one of the best Jazz Fest recipes with you. Crawfish Monica is a spicy, creamy crawfish sauce served over pasta. Plus, it's a staple at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (aka Jazz Fest). You conclude brewing sizzle Crawfish Monica / or easy crawfish pasta testing 10 procedure than 5 as well as. Here you are manage.
instructions of Crawfish Monica / or easy crawfish pasta
- add 2 lbs of crawfish tails leave fat on if in frozen pack.
- This of Angel hair pasta cooked I did 2 12oz packs.
- This 1 quart of heavy whipping cream.
- add 2 tbs of flour if you want little thick.
- You need 2 tbs of creole season.
- You need 2 1/2 tbs of minced garlic.
- add 5 of tomatoes diced.
- You need 1 tbs of parsley flakes (optional).
- a little 1 1/2 of onion chopped.
- add of Butter a good bit.
Crawfish Monica is traditionally made with rotini pasta, but you could substitute another pasta if you like. I also used frozen Louisiana crawfish from my freezer. cook pasta according the the directions on the package. Drain, then rinse under cool water and drain again thoroughly. Add the half-and half and creole seasoning.
Crawfish Monica / or easy crawfish pasta technique
- Put about at least 5 tbs butter or I just put enough to sauté my onions down till tender.
- Once onions cooked a little add tomatoes an garlic you can peel your tomatoes if u like that I did not. Cook for at least ten minutes !.
- Add your crawfish an let cook for another 10 to 15 mins.
- Once cook add your heavy whipping cream stir in good I use a whole quart an add your seasons an let come to a hard boil once then put on a simmer if add flour or starch or not cook to your likening for about 15 to 20 mins, I added flour I like my kinda thick.
- Then it should be done I served mine on angel hair pasta !! Like we say down in Louisiana oui cest bon (that’s good).
The music at Jazz Fest is great and all, but for some, the food — specifically, the Crawfish Monica — is really where it's at. Think eating hot, creamy, crawfish pasta in the sun is insane? Well, call us crazy, because in New Orleans, we live for the stuff under any condition. Crawfish Monica has grown into a festival favorite at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. In fact, Jazz Fest is only place you can get the original dish.