Best of Southern Hush Puppies promo. Find Deals on Hush Puppies Men in Men's Shoes on Amazon. Southern Hush Puppies Recipe Hush puppies are the perfect addition to a classic fish fry! Crispy fried dough balls that go perfectly with a sweet or savory dip and some fried fish.
Legends tell how Southern fishermen and Civil War soldiers first made the golden nuggets from scraps just to toss to barking and begging dogs with the command to "Hush, puppy." Southern Hush Puppies. Per a request here is my favorite hush puppie recipe to go with fried fish. Southern Hush Puppies are round golf ball sized, light and flakey cornmeal batter that is fried golden brown on the outside and soft on the inside served as a side dish to any southern meal. You look after brewing french fry Southern Hush Puppies testing 10 compound together with 5 as well as. Here you are sew up.
method of Southern Hush Puppies
- then 1 cup of cornmeal.
- a little 1/3 cup of flour.
- This 2 tbsp of sugar.
- use 1 tsp of baking powder.
- add 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- a little 1/2 tsp of salt.
- use 1 of small yellow onion chopped small.
- This 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk or buttermilk.
- then of Oil for frying.
These hush puppies are the perfect side dish ready in minutes! This side dish is perfect for pairing with any fried food or southern favorite dish. These Southern Hush Puppies are deceptively delicious little bites of cornmeal batter flavored with a little grated onion and dropped into hot oil until the outside is crispy and browned and the inside is soft and fluffy. They sure are hard to resist!
Southern Hush Puppies program
- Pre heat oil.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Beat egg. Add to dry mixture with most of the milk adding more as needed to create a dough that is moist but not runny..
- Drop mixture by teaspoon in hot oil. Cook 3-5 minutes until golden, turning once during cook time..
- Place on paper towels to cool. Serve with honey, ketchup, tarter sauce or cocktail sauce..
If you love Southern food, be sure to try our Collard Greens, Pecan Pralines, and Southern Tomato Pie! A Southern specialty, hush puppies are small, deep-fried balls made of a cornmeal batter. They are a humble side dish often served with fried foods like catfish and other seafood. This hush puppy recipe calls for self-rising cornmeal mix and flour, milk, egg, and finely chopped green onion for added flavor and color. Living on the coast of North Carolina, we love Calabash-style seafood and hush puppies.