Brand new A Very, Very Chocolate Chocolate Layer Cake FUSF online. A Very, Very Chocolate Chocolate Layer Cake FUSF. The smooth chocolate buttercream frosting followed by the moist chocolate texture of the cake spreading its way across your tongue make this a go-to for any chocoholics in your family. A Very, Very Chocolate Chocolate Layer Cake FUSF.
The smooth chocolate buttercream frosting followed by the moist chocolate texture of the cake spreading its way across your tongue make this a go-to for any chocoholics in your family. jimkmaus The Chocolate Chip Cookie FUSF This chocolate cake is rich and dense. The buttermilk gives the crumb a velvety texture and topping the cake with chocolate covered almonds gives some crunch to the end of your piece. I frosted with store bought frosting, but you could substitute. You close brewing scorch A Very, Very Chocolate Chocolate Layer Cake FUSF applying 21 technique so 19 including. Here is how you make it.
ingredients of A Very, Very Chocolate Chocolate Layer Cake FUSF
- then of For the chocolate cake.
- also 1 1/2 cups of ap flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa.
- add 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- use 1 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- use 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- This 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- also 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 of tblsp espresso powder.
- This 2 of eggs.
- also 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need of For the chocolate buttercream frosting.
- Prepare 3 sticks of softened butter.
- add 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- also 1 of tblsp espresso powder.
- add 5 cups of confectioners sugar.
- add 1 tsp of vanilla.
To assemble the cake: Using a long serrated knife, divide each cake round into two layers. Mix in the boiling water & espresso powder: For the last step, you'll whisk together your boiling water and espresso powder, then mix it into the batter. The batter will be very thin at this point, this is okay! Pour the batter into your cake pans: Once the batter is ready, you'll divide it evenly between your cake pans.
A Very, Very Chocolate Chocolate Layer Cake FUSF method
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Prepare 9 inch cake pans by buttering, lining bottom with parchment and then buttering and dusting with flour.
- Sift the cocoa and flour together and then add the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add buttermilk, oil and water.
- Add espresso powder and vanilla.
- Pour into pans evenly and bake for 22-28 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place on cooling rack. Let cool in pans for 15 minutes and then turn out onto cooling rack, then remove parchment rounds.
- Let cool completely and frost with chocolate frosting.
- Pour cocoa into mixer bowl and blend to break up lumps.
- Add butter and cream thoroughly, about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and espresso powder. Blend completely.
- Add sugar one cup at a time on low speed. After each addition of sugar add a little of the milk. Scrape down sides of bowl and turn speed to high for one minute.
- Repeat with remaining sugar and milk.
- Add vanilla and blend thoroughly. Add additional milk if needed.
- Frost cake, refrigerate for an hour to set icing..
- Serve with chocolate ice cream, just because.
Bake the cake layers: The baking time will vary depending on the pans. Top with the second vanilla layer. Top with the second chocolate layer. To make the icing: Combine the chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat until the cream is very hot, and the chocolate very soft. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.